Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mama the camel....Not so much.

This is sponsored content from BlogHer and Crystal Light.



I am a nursing mama, and I love it! I love that I can provide my baby all the nourishment he needs. I love that he needs me. Well, usually I love it. Not when I'm at my breaking point, but all the other times.

But being that I'm a nursing mama, I am responsible for taking care of myself so that my baby is healthy. This includes making sure that I eat enough nutritious calories and making sure that I'm hydrated. Very well hydrated.

Can I just say that I am thirsty all the time? Thirsty. ALL. The. TIME. I guess this is a good thing as it's important to be hydrated, but seriously! You would think that I have crossed the desert and back without any water because of how thirsty I am! But alas, no. I'm just a nursing mama in a very humid Minnesota summer climate.

I need to make sure that I am drinking something all day long. It could be milk, juice, or water. For a little change, I will throw a packet of Crystal Light into my water. I keep a bottle with me all day long, and I have a bottles all over my house.

However, there are days, like today, when I don't have a chance to wash my bottle after all three older kids had drunk out of it. My travel bottle was not able to be used because I will NOT drink out of a bottle after all that backwash and mostly the possibility one of them might have been sick. Anyway, moral of the story is I couldn't bring my travel waterbottle with me, and all day I thought I was fine. However, once I have been back home, all night I have not been able to get enough water.

So's life, I suppose. I reap what I sow, and this time it was not watered very well.

By leaving a comment, you will be entered into a $100 Visa card giveaway. You will want to check out here for other posts and more opportunities to be entered into the sweepstakes. You will want to know the rules so check it out here, and if you are interested more in the Crystal Light sponsor, you can read about them here!



30 comments:

Mami2jcn said...

My ideal summer vacation is definitely at the beach.

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

Karen Hossink said...

I'm thirsty right now. And I want to drink a big glass of water. But it's time for bed and if I drink a lot now, well, I will have to get up in the middle of the night. And I hate getting up in the middle of the night.
Poor planning on my part.
But if I won a $100 Visa gift card, well, that would make me happy. *grin*

Sandy said...

My goal is to drink more water - because I know it's good for me. Somedays I do well, other days - not so well.

Kaydee said...

I know I need to drink more water and less pop. Just not a good water drinker. Maybe adding this would help. :)

librariane said...

I hate drinking 'plain' water, so to make sure I get enough, I use things like Crystal Light. It gets me motivated if there's a little flavor in whatever I'm drinking. :)

Bren said...

My Ashley had these during Challenge and is now addicted and we need to get more. Love Crystal LIght!

melissa said...

I find it kind of sad that the only way I can get enough water is if I drink it from a reuseable bottle. I like to think of myself as a healthy, responsible person and yet I dump caramel colored fizzy water down me everyday and think it's ok and at the same time I don't buy the powdered additives for my water because I am too cheap and the ingredients scare me. I am a true diet coke addict and I need to help. $100 would be a perfect way to start my withdrawl process. I could buy a pretty canteen and do something good for myself. Have a great day.

~natalie said...

totally agree with you. the nursing thing makes me way more thirsy and i have to use a bottle. too many other little hands that would just spill a cup everywhere. flavoring my water definately appeals to me more right now. just tired of "plain" water. isn't that sad?? there are people who are literally dying for "plain" water and i am here wishing for flavors. keeps it in perspective i suppose. =)

Andrea said...

i'm totally with you on the not drinking from the same container my kids have guzzled from. Even though they are my own flesh and blood all that backwash is just gross!

Nikki said...

I hear you on the thirst!

Unknown said...

I definitely need to up my water intake and plan to get a Brita water pitcher to help out on that quest. I love having lemonade, tea, or Crystal Light in the refrigerator, it is an odd day when there isn't a pitcher already made at our place!

ja9elizabeth at yahoo dot com

Jess said...

Another nursing Mama that doesn't drink near enough water... sign me up! Rockin' giveaway Gianna!

Anne said...

I have a stainless steel water bottle and I try to drink 3 bottles full a day. I prefer plain water, but my kids and husband love to add the crystal light packets to their water bottles.

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Miriam T. said...

To help me remember to drink enough water, I use two different water bottles - one at the office and one at home. This way I know that I just need to drink each bottle and I'm good!

Jenny Aust said...

I have gotten so bad about drinking water since we've had family here. There's been a LOT of juice and pop for company, and I've been having way TOO much. So today I'm hoping to get back on track! I got a new water bottle at Camp Shamineau and now it's my favorite! Hope you have a happy water bottle day!

Keonté Smith said...

Crystal Light is great for my son. He likes to see color in his drink. He doesn't realize he's drinking water, and I love that.

Anonymous said...

Staying Hydrated is one of the best things you can do to your body, and I sure do love Crystal light!

Dana said...

Same as irritable mother :) I hate getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom ... happens a bit often though because I don't drink enough during the day and I want to chug at night. And I would *grin* too if I won the $100 :)

Dana said...

ps email for dana is danajean@live.com

Just call me "B" said...

I love these packs! They are great!!!

scottorbsmith at gmail dot com

anonymous said...

I stay hydrated with water and iced green tea. But drinking so much to stay hydrated makes me have to use the bathroom constantly.
My favorite vacation is the beach. And I don't use facebook. I wasn't sure what we were supposed to comment on to enter. I didn't see a question, only a poll. LPoser1 (at) gmail (dot) com

Unknown said...

Got to stay hydrated to stay healthy, so I make my own vegetable juice, drink plenty of water and crystal light.

JC said...

I love drinking water, just have to remember. So I have water bottle everywhere with me practically.

nape said...

I take medications for allergies, which leave me thirsty all the time. I'm a water-a-holic, and drink water day and night. My daughter just bought a box of Crystal Light packets, and I'm anxious to try them.

Thanks for a wonderful giveaway!

Phyllis said...

I'm a stickler about washing my water bottle every day! I don't want any old nasty germs along with my water.

Unknown said...

You made me thirsty just talking about how thirsty you are!

DG said...

Crystal Light is great when I get tired of the plainness of water. I love water overall as a go to drink but sometimes you want a little flavor! :)

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com

Unknown said...

My goal is to drink more water and Crystal Light helps with that.

Kristi said...

Like you, I have bottles of water everywhere!

kristisdeals1 at yahoo dot com

Just call me "B" said...

I am thirsty a lot too, but that is good to me! It reminds me to drink!